Galaxy's most affordable SSB radio! Apart from the long-range performance SSB makes possible, the Galaxy DX 949 packs a variety of features, including an end-of-transmission roger beep, variable output power, RF gain, clarifier control (delta tune), PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, talk back and automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning. The oversize, easy-to-read meter measures modulation, power and SWR and is illuminated for easy night viewing. An external frequency counter can be easily added using the built-in port. Get long-range SSB operations and classic Galaxy looks in an affordable package with the DX 949. To see how the DX 949 compares to other Galaxy radios, please see this Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
|Model / SKU:
||Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in an affordable package. Most commonly used with semis, pick-ups and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. Not recommended for industrial or high-impact use.
||Public Address, Built-in SWR, Single Side Band (SSB)
||Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain
||Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.
||Radio and microphone
Mounting bracket and screws
Owners manual (Download Manual)
||7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
The DX 949 boasts SSB operations at a great price! If you're looking to buy an SSB radio at a good price without sacrificing features, it's hard to beat this model from Galaxy.
- CB and SSB Operations - Increased range with single side band (SSB) operations
- Clarifier Control - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod Meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Roger Beep - End of transmission is easily confirmed
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Automatic SWR Circuit- Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires customers to ship all radios needing repair or warranty work directly to the manufacturer (Galaxy) after purchase. Due to this policy, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios.
Radio and microphone
Mounting bracket and screws