If you want the best SSB unit Galaxy offers, look no further! The DX 959 is Galaxy's top-of-the-line CB radio and features a prominent five-digit frequently counter. In addition to its long-range performance, the Galaxy DX 959 comes jam-packed with features, including an end-of-transmission roger beep, variable output power, RF gain, PA, high-SWR alert, mic gain, clarifier control (delta tune), talk back and automatic SWR calibration for simpler antenna tuning. The oversize, easy-to-read meter measures modulation, power and SWR, and is illuminated for easy night viewing. To see how the DX 959 compares to other Galaxy radios, please see this Galaxy Feature Comparison Chart.
|Model / SKU:
||Users who want the benefit of long-range SSB communications in a full-featured radio. Most commonly used with semis, pick-ups and other vehicles with ample room for mounting a full-sized radio. Not recommended for industrial or high-impact use.
||Public Address, Built-in SWR, Single Side Band (SSB)
||Delta Tune, Dynamike Boost, High SWR Indicator, Noise Reduction (NB/ANL), RF Gain
||Compatible with all CB antennas on the market. Radio mounts with "U" mounting bracket to any flat surface. Single Side Band (SSB) transmissions utilize the frequencies just above and below the standard 40 CB channels, can legally transmit at 12 watts (instead of 4 watts for standard CBs), and can achieve significantly improved range. SSB radios can communicate on the standard 40 CB AM channels with all CB users, but are only able to use SSB for long-range communication if BOTH parties have an SSB-equipped radio.
||Radio and microphone
Mounting bracket and screws
Owners manual (Download Manual)
||7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
The DX 959 is Galaxy's most popular CB radio due to its SSB operations and large five-digit frequency counter. With a host of other great features, this is a great radio to have if you're looking for a full-function SSB unit that can be fine-tuned.
- AM and SSB Operations - Increased range with Single Side Band (SSB) operations
- Five-Digit Frequency Counter - Large readout of your current channel
- Analog S/RF/SWR/Mod Meter - Power and SWR meters both built in
- Variable Talk-Back Feature - Hear your voice through the speaker while transmitting
- Roger Beep - End of transmission is easily confirmed
- Variable Power Output - Control the power of your transmission signal
- High-SWR Alert - Alerts you to potentially damaging SWR levels
- Clarifier Control/Delta Tune - Tune in SSB signals with more accuracy
- Automatic SWR Circuit - Automatically calibrates the SWR meter
- PA Capabilities - Use your CB as a public address system with an added speaker
- Mic Gain Control - Adjust mic transmission strength for optimal quality and power
- RF Gain Control - Control receiving sensitivity to pull in or block out faint signals
- Display Dimmer - Control the brightness of your display
- ANL - Filters out engine noise and improves sound quality
- Dimensions - 7-7/8" W x 9-1/4" D x 2-1/8" H
- Warranty - Two-year limited manufacturer's warranty
IMPORTANT NOTE: Galaxy requires that all radios needing repair or warranty work be shipped directly to them by the customer after purchase. Do to their requirements, we are unable to accept returns on Galaxy radios after purchase.
Radio and microphone
Mounting bracket and screws